Yes. The Food Standards Agency recommends that pregnant women shouldn’t take more than 200mg of caffeine a day. A can of Coca‑Cola Classic contains 32mg of caffeine and a can of Diet Coke contains 42mg.
Can you drink Diet Coke when pregnant NHS?
Pregnant women should limit their intake of caffeinated drinks because of the caffeine content. Caffeinated drinks are also unsuitable for toddlers and young children. Drinks that contain high amounts of caffeine include coffee, tea, colas and energy drinks.
Why do I crave Diet Coke when pregnant?
When cravings are more likely
If you’ve experienced a sudden love for cakes and fizzy drinks during the first few months of pregnancy, there’s a reason for it. Duke says that most cravings occur in the first and second trimester as a result of the dramatic shift in hormones.
Can I drink caffeine free Diet Coke while pregnant?
While there are caffeine-free sodas, it’s also best to limit them, since many are high in calories, which can lead to unnecessary weight gain. Even caffeine-free diet soda isn’t a great choice during pregnancy (see below).
What drinks to avoid while pregnant?
What drinks should be avoided during pregnancy?
- Unpasteurized milk.
- Unpasteurized juices.
- Caffeinated beverages.
- Sugary sodas.
- Drinks with artificial sweeteners, like diet soda.
Is aspartame safe during pregnancy?
Artificial Sweeteners (Sugar Substitutes)
Aspartame, sucralose, stevioside, and acesulfame-K have been found to be safe to use in moderation during pregnancy.
What drinks can pregnant drink?
What Should You Drink During Pregnancy?
- Water. Water is the single most important drink you should have throughout your pregnancy. …
- Orange Juice. Orange juice is good to drink while you’re pregnant, but you should only have it when it is pasteurized and fortified with calcium. …
- Tea. …
Can aspartame cause miscarriage?
The most recent research indicates that NutraSweet (aspartame) results in miscarriage and infertility. The fetal tissue cannot tolerate methanol or the phenylalanine. Aspartame is a well known neurotoxin and causes birth defects.
Is Diet Coke OK for gestational diabetes?
Don’t Drink Sweet Drinks If You Have Gestational Diabetes
Cross off juice, sweet tea, soda, and any drink with added sugars from your gestational diabetes diet plan. “Avoid foods high in sugar and carbohydrate content,” says Heard.
Can aspartame cause birth defects?
These women lack an enzyme that allows them to process the amino acid phenylalanine, an ingredient in aspartame. If they ingest aspartame, they can end up with high levels of phenylalanine in their blood, which can cause birth defects.
How can I avoid miscarriage?
How Can I Prevent a Miscarriage?
- Be sure to take at least 400 mcg of folic acid every day, beginning at least one to two months before conception, if possible.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
- Manage stress.
- Keep your weight within normal limits.
- Don’t smoke and stay away from secondhand smoke.
What causes miscarriage?
Most miscarriages occur because the fetus isn’t developing as expected. About 50 percent of miscarriages are associated with extra or missing chromosomes. Most often, chromosome problems result from errors that occur by chance as the embryo divides and grows — not problems inherited from the parents.
What should I avoid during my first trimester?
What Should I Avoid During My First Trimester?
- Avoid smoking and e-cigarettes. …
- Avoid alcohol. …
- Avoid raw or undercooked meat and eggs. …
- Avoid raw sprouts. …
- Avoid certain seafood. …
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products and unpasteurized juices. …
- Avoid processed meats such as hot dogs and deli meats. …
- Avoid too much caffeine.